Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rate the Last Movie U Watched
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

RE: Rate the Last Movie U Watched
^ Agreed, but all you're doing here is agreeing with me that it is a laughably bad movie. Incompetence is entertaining only for a short time.

History is the lies of the victors coupled with the delusions of the defeated. It is an imagined certainty created at the point where the imperfection of memory meets the inadequacy of documentation.
11-12-2014 07:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skyblue1 Offline
Administrator

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 8/10

I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly.
11-13-2014 01:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

Psycho

The original Hitchcock version

I don't need to tell you how good this is, do I?

History is the lies of the victors coupled with the delusions of the defeated. It is an imagined certainty created at the point where the imperfection of memory meets the inadequacy of documentation.
11-15-2014 10:45 PM
Some_Bloke
Unregistered

(11-15-2014 10:45 PM)Luke Mauser Wrote:  Psycho

The original Hitchcock version

I don't need to tell you how good this is, do I?

I thought there was only one Psycho, but they way you've worded this sentence seems to suggest that there's more than one.

Out of curiosity, I googled it and found something that probably made Hitchcock roll in his grave when it was released. Who in the right mind thought that Vince Vaugn would make a good Norman Bates?

Then again, it seems like they weren't in the right mind. I suspect they were high.
11-16-2014 11:16 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

There was a remake of Psycho by Gus van Sant about 15 years ago.

Almost literally a remake, in a shot-for-shot sense. Pointless and lacking the impact of the original.

11-17-2014 12:04 AM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

War of the Worlds (1953 version)

Weak politico-religious Cold-War propaganda masquerading as an adaptation of a classic novel.

11-18-2014 02:51 AM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

Paul

Entertaining comedy about two sci-fi geeks who discover a real-life alien.

Clever comic schtick with many references to classics of the serious side of the genre. Finally Simon Pegg produces a film that's as good as it threatens to be.

11-22-2014 02:01 AM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

The Fourth Kind

Genuinely scary 'real' (actually fake) alien-abduction thriller.

11-23-2014 10:04 PM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

It's a Wonderful Life

Superb 'velvet glove, iron fist' movie. A biting critique of business practice disguised as a fluffy Christmas heart-warmer.

11-24-2014 10:25 PM
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

The Time Machine

Beautifully-shot film of HG Wells's novella. Hard too believe it's by the same director who made such a balls-up of War of the Worlds.

11-26-2014 09:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)