Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rate the Last Movie U Watched
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

RE: Rate the Last Movie U Watched
The Three Stooges (2012)

A very bad, very stupid movie. Should really get a zero, but I actually enjoyed it even though I tried not to. And it gets bonus points for the part where Moe becomes a star of "Jersey Shore" and also for having Larry David, Jennifer Hudson and Kate Upton as nuns.

3/10
12-29-2014 07:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skyblue1 Online
Administrator

Australia 10/10

I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly.
01-02-2015 07:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

Unbroken 9.4/10

[Image: GJ8Hf7r.jpg]
01-02-2015 09:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JWB Offline
Can I get a "Bright not broken?"

Big Hero 6: 9/10
This was surprisingly good. I'm pretty sure that the black guy is supposed to have Aspergers.
Dumb and Dumber To:5.5/10
Disappointing. The first half of the movie was good. There were some funny lines. (The joke about the baked potato made me laugh out loud.) Then they started making fun of Aspergers. The first Dumb and Dumber is one of my favorite movies, and to hear Harry and Lloyd make fun of something that is close to me hurt. Also, the second half wasn't so funny. Overall, don't see it.
The Imitation Game:9.8/10
Outstanding. Cumberbatch does an outstanding job as Turing. This was my favorite movie of the year.
Exodus: Gods and Kings:7/10
This movie was all right, but the original 1956 Charleton Heston version of this movie was the best. It was interesting seeing all the plagues (e. g. frogs, blood, flies, locusts) in great detail, something you didn't get to see in the Heston version, but outside of that there wasn't anything that wasn't in the 1956 version (although some of the exchanges between Moses and God make you think about religion.)

Big Hero 6: 9/10
This was surprisingly good. I'm pretty sure that the black guy is supposed to have Aspergers.
Dumb and Dumber To:5.5/10
Disappointing. The first half of the movie was good. There were some funny lines. (The joke about the baked potato made me laugh out loud.) Then they started making fun of Aspergers. The first Dumb and Dumber is one of my favorite movies, and to hear Harry and Lloyd make fun of something that is close to me hurt. Also, the second half wasn't so funny. Overall, don't see it.
The Imitation Game:9.8/10
Outstanding. Cumberbatch does an outstanding job as Turing. This was my favorite movie of the year.
Exodus: Gods and Kings:7/10
This movie was all right, but the original 1956 Charleton Heston version of this movie was the best. It was interesting seeing all the plagues (e. g. frogs, blood, flies, locusts) in great detail, something you didn't get to see in the Heston version, but outside of that there wasn't anything that wasn't in the 1956 version (although some of the exchanges between Moses and God make you think about religion.)

"Some prisoners spent more than ten years buried in solitary cells the size of coffins, hearing nothing but clanging bars or footsteps in the corridors. They survived because they could talk to each other by tapping on the wall. In that way, they told of dreams, memories, and fallings in and out of love; they discussed, embraced, and fought; they shared beliefs, beauties, doubts, guilts and those questions that have no answers.
When it is genuine, when it is born of the need to speak, no one can stop the human voice. When it is denied a mouth, it speaks with the hands, the eyes, the pores, or anything at all because every single one of us has something to say to the others, something that deserves to be celebrated or forgiven by others."-Eduardo Galeano
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2015 07:22 AM by JWB.)
01-09-2015 07:22 AM
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

Non-Stop 8.1/10

[Image: GJ8Hf7r.jpg]
01-09-2015 08:31 AM
skyblue1 Online
Administrator

Frantic (Harrison Ford) 8/10

01-09-2015 10:34 AM
skyblue1 Online
Administrator

Next of Kin 6/10

01-09-2015 12:23 PM
Some_Bloke
Unregistered

Kick Ass 2: 6/10

This sequel suffers the same fate as most sequels, it's not as good as the first one. There's some jokes that fail completely and the film just seemed too dark for me, at least as far as a Kick Ass movie goes. The first one did have dark moments, yes but there were a lot more funny or light-hearted moments.

Some pretty messed up stuff happens in this movie but it just seems too forced to me, like because it's a sequel they were raising the stakes but the "raising the stakes" just seemed way too forced.

The film introduces new superheroes and new villains too but none of them get enough screen-time. Instead the screen-time is filled with forced high school drama which was really annoying because some of the new characters introduced were really interesting.

I sat down to watch a superhero movie, not a ruddy high school one. I hate high school movies.

Gran Torino- 10/10

Clint Eastwood plays a racist old widower who warms up to his neighbours after (unintentionally) protecting their son from a gang. He develops a close friendship with their son and daughter and tries to help the son get his life together. I won't give much else away but I'll say that I really enjoyed this movie.

Despite being racist, Eastwood's character I found (surprisingly) loveable even in the earlier scenes before he warms up.
01-10-2015 11:21 AM
Quote this message in a reply
skyblue1 Online
Administrator

Inglorious Basterds 9/10

01-10-2015 02:32 PM
skyblue1 Online
Administrator

The Hobbit

Battle of the Five Armies 8/10

01-12-2015 02:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)