Autism Friends Network

Full Version: My new NES Classic Edition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys! The NES Classic just became available again, and I got a new console. It's great. I've been able to play games like Super Mario Brothers 3 and others that I haven't played in a long time. Hours of fun!

In a thread a long time ago, I mentioned games that should have been on the NES Classic. I have discovered that there's a way to hack the system and add more games to it. This isn't entirely legal; so I don't OFFICIALLY recommend it, but I did it, and it's a lot of fun. I added games like Crystalis, Baseball Stars, Mega Man 3, and Blades of Steel. This has made my NES Classic even more fun. (A few days ago, I beat Crystalis, a super-hard game I was never able to beat as a kid.) Here is a video that describes how to add more games to your NES Classic:

I didn't want to put 700 games on my console like this guy did. I know I won't play all those games, and it makes it hard to navigate the menu when you have too many games. However, I did my favorites like Mega Man 3, Dragon Spirit: The New Legend, Duck Tales, and Tetris. I was also able to remove games that came with the console that I won't play like Ice Climber or Tecmo Bowl. What games have you put on your NES Classic? Talk about it here!
I might have to pick one up some time.

I also have to wonder why it is that there wouldn't be any way to hack it using Linux. Seems like a lot of Linux users would want to do something like that.
My previous job was near a gym that had an 80s style video game machine, with some of the original games I used to play when I was a teenager. That was bad enough, a one hour workout took me 2 hours there.

No way I could have a game console in the house.
(08-11-2018 01:14 PM)142857 Wrote: [ -> ]My previous job was near a gym that had an 80s style video game machine, with some of the original games I used to play when I was a teenager. That was bad enough, a one hour workout took me 2 hours there.

No way I could have a game console in the house.

You could maybe also invest in a timer to limit your play time.
I have a timer on my phone.

Nobody in my house would pay any attention to a timer. Especially not me. I'm too easily addicted to games, I've really got to just cut them out of my life entirely.
If anyone cares, here are the games I ended up with for my NES Classic:
Adventure Island II
Baseball Stars
Bionic Commando
Blades of Steel
Blaster Master
Bomberman
Bomberman II
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers
Contra
Crystalis
Donkey Kong Classics
Dr. Mario
Dragon Spirit: The New Legend
Dragon Warrior
Dragon Warrior IV
Duck Tales
Fester's Quest
Final Fantasy
Galaga
Godzilla: Monster of Monsters
The Guardian Legend
Ironsword: Wizards and Warriors II
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
The Legend of Zelda
Little Nemo the Dream Master
Mario Brothers
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 4
Metal Storm
Metroid
Mike Tyson's Punch Out!
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos
Pipe Dream
River City Ransom
Startropics
Super Mario Brothers
Super Mario Brothers 3
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game
Tetris (Tengen version)
Yoshi's Cookie

As you can see, I have 47 games on my console. I tried to get a nice, round number of 50, but I couldn't think of three more games I wanted.
What games have you added/subtracted or would add or subtract?
Battletoads
Super Mario Bros 2
Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link
(08-28-2018 02:58 AM)d_olson27 Wrote: [ -> ]Battletoads
Super Mario Bros 2
Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link

I never liked SMB 2. It was trippy and real departure from the regular SMB template with platforms and power-ups. Yes, I know the story. Doki-Doki Panic and all.
Zelda II didn't feel a Zelda game to me. It was really hard, and I just didn't like its nature.
Reference URL's