Autism Friends Network

Full Version: Clinton probed Area 51 for aliens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2014/04...st=tabloid

Quote:Former US President Bill Clinton has revealed that after taking the top job in 1993, his first call of duty was to "probe" the infamous Nevada military facility called Area 51, "to make sure there was no alien down there."

The popular former president made the claim during his appearance on late night talk show "Jimmy Kimmel Live".

Clinton said he also asked his staff to cast their eye over Roswell, New Mexico, the infamous site of a supposed UFO sighting in 1947.

"I had all the Roswell papers reviewed – everything," Clinton told the bemused host.

"If you saw that there were aliens there, would you tell us?" asked the host.

"Yeah," Clinton replied.

The former president – who once famously admitted to smoking marijuana as a student but "never inhaled – also revealed his unusual vision of how to attain word peace: "an alien invasion".

"It may be the only way to unite this increasingly divided world of ours," Clinton said.

"Think about all the differences among people of Earth [they] would seem small if we feel threatened by a space invader. That's the whole theory of Independence Day," he said, referring to the sci-fi disaster film.

"Everybody gets together and makes nice."

Clinton also added that he "wouldn't be surprised" if we were one day visited by little green men.

"We live in an ever expanding universe, we know that there are billions of stars and planets out there, we know from our fancy telescopes that more than 20 planets have been identified outside our solar system – so it makes it increasingly less likely that we are alone."

Some_Bloke

Quote:The former president – who once famously admitted to smoking marijuana as a student but "never inhaled – also revealed his unusual vision of how to attain word peace: "an alien invasion".

"It may be the only way to unite this increasingly divided world of ours," Clinton said.

"Think about all the differences among people of Earth [they] would seem small if we feel threatened by a space invader. That's the whole theory of Independence Day," he said, referring to the sci-fi disaster film.

"Everybody gets together and makes nice."

Clinton also added that he "wouldn't be surprised" if we were one day visited by little green men.

"We live in an ever expanding universe, we know that there are billions of stars and planets out there, we know from our fancy telescopes that more than 20 planets have been identified outside our solar system – so it makes it increasingly less likely that we are alone."

Its also how the Watchman graphic novel ends. New York is destroyed in a fake alien attack. In the film its Doctor Manhattan who destroys New York (not actually him, but its made to look like him) in order to prevent nuclear Armageddon.
Re: "Clinton Probes Roswell"

Also, he's a bit behind the times. We have discovered more than five hundred exsoplanets

el-presidente

President Clinton 'probed' quite a few things in his time.

Some_Bloke

(04-04-2014 04:15 PM)el-presidente Wrote: [ -> ]President Clinton 'probed' quite a few things in his time.

Awesome
(04-04-2014 04:15 PM)el-presidente Wrote: [ -> ]President Clinton 'probed' quite a few things in his time.

My thoughts exactly! The creepy thing is those were my exact thought words....

Alison

Personally I believe that there are many, many alien life forms in the universe, but only because the universe is such a big place. I think each galaxy, however, is probably life-poor. Because it's an inimical place for life, situated on a rock hurtling around a nuclear fusion furnace with rocks, small, big, planet sized, also hurtling towards the gravity well of said nuclear fusion furnace, like a suicidal pool game on a giant curved table. Whilst all around there are other nuclear furnaces going nova and spraying even more life-scouring radiation all around.

And most (all? Someone here might have the figures, I'm afraid I don't) of the exo-sytems we've found so far have been back-to-front as far as planets are concerned: it seems our planet is something of an oddity. Most of the other systems have the big gas planets close in to the star, and the small rocky ones are out in the backyard, frozen and bleak. Some probably have water, but when it's solid ice there's not much that can be done with it.

Which makes all the more unforgiveable what we are doing to our little Goldilocks of a planet. Because there is nowhere as good, for us. Yet we are acting like there are another ten easily reachable just around the metaphorical corner.

INCOMING! Don't bother to evolve:
[Image: 8ballclub-billiards-online.jpg]

I was gonna say that

Luke Mauser

(04-05-2014 10:32 AM)Alison Wrote: [ -> ]I think each galaxy, however, is probably life-poor. Because it's an inimical place for life, situated on a rock hurtling around a nuclear fusion furnace with rocks, small, big, planet sized, also hurtling towards the gravity well of said nuclear fusion furnace, like a suicidal pool game on a giant curved table. Whilst all around there are other nuclear furnaces going nova and spraying even more life-scouring radiation all around.

Far from being 'an inimical place for life', what you have described is in fact the only circumstance in which life has been shown to exist!
^Alison was referring to galaxies in general being inimical places for life, with so many hazards. We got lucky, being in a fairly quiet little corner on the outskirts of a fairly big galaxy.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's