Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kids are now worse than ever
MM Offline
elder

RE: Kids are now worse than ever
I don’t believe that yelling at kids for any reason all the time is a proper way to control behaviour. However, I have to realize that I can’t change parents and why should I try. They don’t want my help. They just want to yell at their kids and pinch their bum.

If they want me to just cook, do laundry and clean and occasionally babysit, that might be ok. But they were very anger because they said I scratched the kid when I picked him up. I pick up kids all the time and they never get scratched. They wouldn’t show me any scratch and if I did it was accidental. I think this a tactic they use on the school teachers to threaten. The mother never even came down to get a bandage. I checked his clothing later and there was no blood, not a tiny drop. Kid was wearing a white t-shirt. I think she was lying and she did something to make the kid cry later because when I left the kid was fine. I think if people had someone intentionally hurt they kid they would be out the door immediately. So now I don’t really trust them.
01-31-2021 09:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MM Offline
elder

I am really wondering if the family did something bad to the kid and blame me. The kid says he hates me but tells even the parents. He has hated everyone who works there.

I would just like to work for a normal family. I need to leave. My husband never believes me.
01-31-2021 10:14 PM
MM Offline
elder

I am staying for now until I find another job. I was expecting to be fired last week but it could happen this week (since they would have time to interview someone new).

Too bad because before that incidence I actually trusted and liked the parents. The problems were what I was willing to work with. Now I don’t feel like I want to do anything extra or participate with the family too much. I sit at the table and hardly converse now.

I have never figured out why picking up a child and carrying them room to room was a problem. I know maybe the schools or daycare discourage picking up older kids due to liability (worker could hurt their back or it was done in anger and child was injured in a struggle). I am still bewildered as the kid was fine when I put him down and I was talking to him calmly about what was happening. If the child self harmed then this is really worrying.

I also heard around the neighbourhood that this family is blacklisted and once in the summer one woman suggested that I don’t pick him up. Also heard the exact same story from a friend. She picked the kid up and was accused of scratching him. She was never shown or refused to see the scratch on the kid. Some interpreted this as the parents are physically abusing the kid and try to get some fake story that the nanny did it. Of course my husband does not believe me.
02-10-2021 03:18 AM
MM Offline
elder

I have a bad feeling today. I am prepared to flee at work if there is a big confrontation. I will leave and never return. I would call in sick if I worked anywhere else but I just want to prove to myself what I believe is happening. If nothing happens today then I will likely still have stress until I quit. If these people hate me so much why din’t they just fire me?
02-11-2021 02:54 AM
qwerty Offline
elder

Good luck. I have no idea what they are thinking, but it does sound like a difficult situation.
02-11-2021 09:35 AM
MM Offline
elder

So far everything at work seems normal. But I am still going to be careful. I wear my handbag at all times. I noticed someone had gone through it one time there.

I am looking for another job but not much luck.
02-15-2021 01:43 AM
MM Offline
elder

Difficult for me to just rationalize. Do x activities, get x amount of dollars. No one cares aboit me or my opinions. You would think I would get used to that at work.
02-17-2021 03:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)